Flint is looking for an experienced Master Planner from a E&M or Civils background with BIM experience and previous experience in working on projects in the Middle East, in the design, construction of ICT physical infrastructure systems, ICT equipment rooms, pathways, containment system & risers for data centre, operations centre; structured cabling system design for in-building & outside plant, GIS systems. Remote based with frequent trips to the Middle East.
Responsibilities to include:
Review Planned Road Improvement Civil Design Drawings and identify/mitigate conflicts with existing aerial, buried and underground telecommunications facilities.
Create high-level preliminary route design and facility specifics to manage fielding request instructions.
Lead discussions with the developers, contractors and the customers during the post-sales engagements relevant to the infrastructure development
Define Inside and Outside Plant design requirements
Create GIS maps that show ICT Infrastructure with relevant details
Use a range of GPS tools in the field to capture the location of IVT Infrastructure Assets like Service Corridors, PoP Rooms, Smart Poles, Aggregation Nodes, Manholes, Ducts, Fiber Splicing locations, etc.
undertake desk-based data capture (digitizing) to convert paper maps to GIS datasets to, for example, record the location of telecoms cables or water pipelines from original maps
Create and maintain the structures necessary for GIS data storage
Placement of ICT outside plant equipment on design drawings based on the defined design requirements.
Coordinate resolution associated with all utilities impacted by proposed road improvement designs and joint utility trenching.
Prepare, manage and maintain project documentation, maps and CAD drawings.
Create drawings and records of fiber and copper routes, splice locations, construction notes, bills of materials and project overviews
Responsible for reviewing and auditing project drawings, calculations & specifications before submitting to the customer
• Have relevant experience and understanding of building services infrastructure and the design of resilient ICT systems.
• Must have a working knowledge of the MEP systems within the buildings
• Excellent knowledge in telco engineering & construction principles, practices, codes and design guidelines particularly within the middle east.
• Experience and knowledge with FTT(X) design and deployment.
• Ability to plan and create documents/reports/design processes appropriate to the needs of the recipient
• Competent in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, and MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• BIM/GIS experience is a must within the context of the OSP and ISP works.
• degree or Diploma in IT/MEP infrastructure design or Civil/Mechanical Engineering
- Job Location
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Electrical Engineering
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Construction and Building
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- $5,000 – $6,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5 Max: 7
- Residence Location
- Bahrain; Kuwait; Oman; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Architectural, Civil, M&E